In January we announced that the August Smart Lock works with Nest to set the Nest Thermostat to Home or Away when you unlock or lock your door. In addition, August customers can check the temperature of their home while away using the August app.
Today, we’re excited to announce that the August Smart Lock now works with Nest Cam. Using the August app., customers will be able to view a video animation, taken from the Nest Cam, each time someone enters or exits the home. For the best experience, make sure the Nest Cam is pointed directly at door where the August Smart Lock is installed.
To take advantage of this new set of features, customers must have a Nest Aware with Video History subscription for their Nest Cam, Dropcam or Dropcam Pro.
The Nest Thermostat integration is available on both the iOS and Android versions of the August app. Nest Cam support is available on Android only starting today, with iOS support coming shortly thereafter. To link your August Smart Lock to your Nest Thermostat and/or Nest Cam, go to KEYCHAIN>PREFERENCES>My Apps.
August’s support database has step-by step instructions for both setting up your Nest Cam and linking your Nest Cam using our Android app, which will be updated once iOS is live.
Android customers rejoice! We’ve just released a new version of the August app for Android that has been completely re-designed to work more efficiently, effectively and easily with the August Smart Lock. Here’s a list of the app’s new features:
• Hands-Free access with Auto-Unlock: No need to reach for your smartphone or keys as the new Android app now will automatically unlock your door as you approach.
• Bluetooth Connectivity Improvements: We’ve greatly improved the Bluetooth connectivity between the August Android app and our August Smart Lock making for faster locks and unlocks.
• Complete Android app re-design: From the one-touch navigation menu to more intuitive guest invites, our team has completely re-built the August Android app for a much better overall experience for our customers.
The new August Android app is available today in the Google Play Store or can be found at august.com/app.
To install the new version of the August Android app, be sure to follow these instructions in order:
1. Do not yet delete your current August Android app., (version 2.0.64 with square icon)
2. Install the new August app from the Google Play Store, (version 3.0.41 with circle icon)
3. Delete your old August app from your phone. Make sure you delete the one with the square icon.
Update the August app on your Android smartphone now for an even better August Smart Lock experience.