Lock and unlock your door faster and more easily with our newest iOS app. Download the app now and get August’s best iOS experience yet. Features in the update include:
- Faster Bluetooth Connection Speeds: Connect to your August Smart Lock in less time and lock or unlock your door faster.
- Notification Center Widget: Add the August widget to your phone’s lock screen so you can initiate a lock or unlock after a quick downward swipe.
- More Reliable Bluetooth Connections: Connect to your August Smart Lock faster and more reliably.
Upgrading to the new August iOS app is easy, just follow these steps:
- From your iOS device, click the “App Store” icon
- Select “Updates” from the menu
- Find the August app and click “Update”
Here’s how to add the August widget:
- With your iOS device unlocked, swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the Today screen
- If “Today” is not selected at the top, tap on “Today”
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap “Edit”
- Tap the green plus button next to the August icon and tap “Done” in the upper right
- In the August widget, tap on “Add / Remove Locks”
- Select the locks you want displayed in the widget and tap “Apply Changes”
For more detailed step-by-step instructions along with images, please visit our Widget installation walk-through.
Today, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts announced a new partnership and integration with August. For the first time, August will enable Comcast Xfinity subscribers to control access to their homes through three of Comcast’s most popular platforms – Xfinity Home, Comcast Xfinity Remote with Voice Control and the X1 Entertainment Operating System.
Starting this summer, Xfinity Home subscribers with an August Smart Lock and August Connect Wi-Fi bridge will be able to manage access to their home through a more seamless and personalized experience. Here’s how August will work with Comcast Xfinity’s smart home platforms:
- Xfinity Home – Control and check the status of your August Smart Lock through the Xfinity Home in-home touch screen console or remotely through a web-portal or the Xfinity Home mobile app on a smartphone or tablet.
- Xfinity Remote with Voice Control – Use voice commands to lock, unlock and check the status of your August Smart Lock.
- X1 Entertainment Operating System – Manage access to your home using a sophisticated on screen interface right on your television screen.
We are excited to integrate August’s home access technology with Xfinity Home and proud to be at the forefront of driving the next evolution of the smart home. Stay tuned for details on how the partnership will provide Xfinity Home subscribers with the best in class products and services they desire.
Read the full press release.